




"when I begin to count my blessings, I get a big smile on my face". Sugarland
During this Thanksgiving time, I like to reflect on all of the things that I am thankful for. This year, I am most thankful for having Jacob join our family. Sometimes, I still look at him with utter awe and can't believe that he is a part of our family, he truly is a blessing. And of course I am thankful for Nicole and her curious four-year-old ways, if only we could all remain four and believe that the world is a perfect place filled with rainbows and panda bears. And, I am also thankful that Hector and I are able to go through this life together and reap the blessings that are given to us everyday. We are also thankful for our fabulous families, whether they live in Laredo, Edna, Round Rock, New Braunfels, or with our Heavenly Father, we give thanks that we were given such a great group to endure the roller coaster of life.. love you all!!!
Now, onto our Thanksgiving festivities. Our week didn't start out so swell b/c everyone had the evil stomach virus.. yes, it started with Jacob, moved onto Nicole and ended with myself.. (apperently, hector has a stomach of steel) Needless, to say we didn't make it down to Laredo until Thanksgiving day. Then we had a feast of champions. We literally went through 3 turkeys, JJ made the best smoked turkey I have ever had, and of course Hector's mom made her magic and turned the turkey into turkey mole yum!!!
And, while we were down in Laredo, we had a wonderful visit with all of our family. The boys are all growing up so fast, and the girls are crazy about the Jonas bros... I was so happy for the Sotelo family as they moved into their first casita, Erika was beaming with pride in her newly renovated house. Nicole finally began to speak some Spanish to her abuella and asked her to make her some eggs over and over and over again! ha! I think she had a dozen scrambled eggs over the weekend.
Enjoy the pics!!
No comments:
Post a Comment